giovedì 4 febbraio 2010

This post is dedicated to my two dear english-speaking friends:
Judi (Saskatchewan,Canada) and Marla (California, USA).
I am sorry, my blog is mainly in italian but I don't forget you and I will write some summaries of my posts in english every now and then..:-)
For now I have reviewed some books on anger seen from the american-western and eastern-buddhist point of view. I particularly appreciated the book of the Dalai Lama and the american psychologist Daniel Goleman:
Destructive Emotions: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai lama
Bantam Books, 2003
I suggest it to you. I am also reading the other three books that you see in another post , one is by an italian neuropsychiatrist, Rosario Sorrentino, interviewed on anger by a journalist.
The other one is Anger, by Robert Thurman, a former buddhist monk and american schiolar that faces anger from a western-buddhsit perspective. The last one is the point of view of the zen buddhist Thick Nhat Hahn on anger.
In another post I explain the reason why I use the nickname Librellula ..it's taken from the name of a library of women of Bologna (closed in 1997) that joins the name libri (books) and libellula (dragonfly).. I like the levity of that insect and one of the passion of my life, books.. I'd like to fly using the pages of a book as wings..:-).
In my first post you can see a terrific landscape of Tibet ..it's a photo of the famous photographer Steve Mc Curry whose exhib I saw in Milan in the last November.. it cocentrates a photographer that I like very much with a land where I'd like to go for its beauty and spirituality..

1 commento:

  1. Thank you, Giulia, for posting a little in English. I can read your Italian, pretty well, but I can't reply in Italian. ;-)
    I admire the Dalai Lama, and the book Daniel Goleman wrote from his dialogue with the Dalai Lama, so I just bought a copy on Amazon. :-)
    I very much appreciate Thich Nhat Hanh's philosophies and I'm sure "Anger" is a great book, too. I wish I had time to read every book in the world...
    The beautiful photo of the Tibetan landscape is breathtaking. Thank you for sharing it, and thank you for sharing everything.
    Big warm hugs,
    ~Marla

    RispondiElimina